GedHTree V2.80 GEDCOM to HTML converter overview
- GedHTree is a program for Windows 95 through XP, Vista and Windows 7 users that processes GEDCOM files to generate output pages in HTML
format. Share your family genealogy with others on the Web, by CD-ROM, etc. GedHTree is only available in English.
- The FREE unregistered version is fully functional and generates all family group and index pages, four photo pages and a four generation direct ancestor tree page.
- Thousands of users have successfully used GedHTree to generate hundreds of thousands of GEDCOM to HTML pages. GedHTree will process most GEDCOM files.
- The download is the same for registered and unregistered users - the enhanced features are enabled when you enter your registration code.
Free GedHTree Download
Download GedHTree Version 2.80 (ght280.exe) (Approx. size = 700 KB)
- The GedHTree program, support files and install program are in one executable file ght280.exe. The download is the same for registered and unregistered users. The enhanced features for registered users are enabled when you enter your registration code. For current registered users - click on Version Upgrade Policy to see whether your registration code is still eligible for this newest version.
- After downloading, run ght280.exe. The ght280.exe file contains an install program which will lead you through the installation of the GedHTree program (gedhtree.exe) and its supporting files. The install program will generate a desktop shortcut to run GedHTree, and, five entries in the "Start > (All) Programs > GedHTree" menu (GedHTree, GedHTree GEDCOM Output Index, Register GedHTree, User Guide, View Backgrounds, View Registered Enhancement Outputs and Uninstall GedHTree).
- All the installed support files have to remain in the same directory they were installed in for GedHTree to run.
- The GEDCOM file you select should be on the same disk drive as GedHTree.
- GedHTree uses the SWREG SECURE CONNECTION service to accept your order and send your registration code to you via Email. SWREG is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for your convenience.
- You will receive immediate confirmation of your order and registration code by Email. You can immediately enter your registration code, enabling all of GedHTree's enhanced features.
- Register GedHTree Now for just $10 by clicking the SWREG logo below.
- GedHTree also uses the PayPal SECURE CONNECTION service to accept your order and send your registration code to you via Email.
- You will receive immediate confirmation of your order by Email. It may be a few hours before you receive your registration code. You can then enter your registration code, enabling all of GedHTree's enhanced features.
- Register GedHTree Now for just $10 by clicking the PayPal logo below.
Entering your registration code
- If you haven't downloaded the latest GedHTree version, click on Download and follow the directions for downloading and installing GedHTree.
- After you have downloaded and installed GedHTree, run GedHTree by clicking on the "GedHTree" shortcut on your desktop, or, click "Start > (All) Programs > GedHTree > GedHTree". To enter the registration code you received via email click the "Registration" button and follow the directions. Then you can process your GEDCOM file with all the enhanced features you select enabled.
- The GedHTree download includes a User Guide (readme.htm) which you can access by clicking "Start > (All) Programs > GedHTree > User Guide". If you have any additional questions please contact Gary Welker at email@example.com
Uploading to your Website
- If you want to upload your GedHTree generated HTML files to the web, just upload ALL FILES in the ghtout directory (folder). The procedure for uploading files to your website is determined by your ISP (Internet Service Provider). Contact them for specific information on uploading files to your website.
- When you are ready to upload your GedHTree files - upload all the files in the ghtout directory.
- If you have uploaded the GedHTree generated HTML pages to your website root directory, insert a link on your homepage (usually index.htm or .html) to ghtindex.htm (or.html) to provide access to all of the GedHTree generated HTML pages. If you uploaded to a subdirectory at your website, you will have to provide a link to ghtindex.htm (or .html) which includes the subdirectory name.
Version Upgrade/Download Policy
- Save a copy of the downloaded version and your registration code in case you have to re-install.
- Your registration is effective for future versions of GedHTree for a period of one year from the time you registered, but, you do have to download the current newest version during that time. Once a newer version is released - none of the older versions of GedHTree are available for download.
- Click on Versions/Enhancements to check for the latest version of GedHTree and whether your registration code is still valid for the latest version.
- The download is the same for registered and unregistered users - the enhanced features are enabled when you enter your registration code. If you have registered GedHTree before, and download again, you will have to re-enter a valid registration code to enable the enhanced features.
- GedHTree is available in English only for Windows computers.
- A maximum of 30,000 individuals and 15,000 family groups can be processed.
- A maximum of 20 children are processed in each family group.
- A maximum of 5 spouses are processed for each individual. Each of these five family groups can have up to 20 children.
- The second occurrence of an individual is ignored (and not displayed) when generating the direct ancestor trees. The all-inclusive tree format does not have this limitation.
- There is a wide variety of formats for notes and sources within GEDCOM files. GedHTree processes most note and source formats. The processing of notes and sources is the same for the unregistered and registered versions of GedHTree.
- Names, birth and death data may be truncated to fit within the direct ancestor and the all-inclusive tree page boxes. The full name, birth and death data are displayed on the family group pages and family group descendant tree pages.
- GedHTree is compatible with most GEDCOM files , but, there is a very small
percentage that cannot be processed.
Standard Features (Registered and Unregistered versions):
- Extensive interactive runtime windows describe and allow selection of features and options for generating HTML output pages.
- Comprehensive User Guide for convenient reference to GedHTree features and options.
- Compact, Vertical or Classic direct ancestor tree styles . (Unregistered users are limited to a four generation direct ancestor tree)
- Use any of GedHtree's solid color backgrounds..
- Main Index page with links to Surname Indices, direct ancestor Tree, Home page and Email.
- Surname Index pages include all individuals in the GEDCOM file.
- Enter text for your index page banners.
- Note, Family Note and Source page output selection options.
- Baptism, Christening, Nickname (uncludes Alias), Education (includes Graduation), Occupation, Emigration (includes Immigration), Residence, Event, Religion, Will (includes Probate) and Burial data can be individually selected for output (data will be labeled and will be on an individual's Note and/or Family Note page).
- Individual and family group photo pages with up to 5 photos per page with captions. Unregistered users are limited to four photo pages.
- Photo Page Index with a link on the ghtindex page allows viewing of all defined photo pages. Photo pages are sorted by individuals' name for easy reference.
- Defining/Editing of photo pages and links via "Define a Photo Page" and "Find/Edit Photo Page" windows allows easy entry of individual or family group photo files and captions. Optional photo thumbnails which link to photo pages for individuals.
- Extensive privacy options for deleting information on living individuals.
- Further customize your index page with five choices of tree link labels, etc.
Additional Enhanced Features (Registered version):
- Direct ancestor trees spanning ALL generations for up to FOUR root individuals.
- All-inclusive family group trees which include ALL individuals including children on the tree page.
- Surname (alphabetically ordered with count) and Frequent Surname (count ordered) pages.
- Enter text for your index page banner, or, use your own .Jpg or .Gif file graphic banner.
- Use any of GedHtree's backgrounds, or, use your own .Jpg or .Gif backgrounds..
- Enter your own header or footer text on the index page.
- Descendant tree format for family group pages instead of standard family group format.
- Individual or family group photo pages. Up to 500 photo pages with each page containing up to 5 photos with optional captions for a total of 2500 photos. Photo page links will be on individuals' tree and/or family group pages.
- Photo Page Index with all photo pages sorted by individual's name and photo page type.
- Thumbnail photo page links for trees and family group pages for any of the individual photo pages.
- Root Guides for all-inclusive tree and family group descendant tree pages allows you to easily trace direct descendants from the earliest ancestors back to the root individuals you have defined.
- Time/density distribution maps (USA, England, Canada, Australia and/or Europe) of the individuals in your GEDCOM file. Links are provided from the maps' state, county, province or country icon to the earliest birth year individual in each state, county, province or country.
- USA and/or England Time/density map time sequence generation. The USA map and/or the England map will sequence through the different time periods when the "Start Time Sequence" link on the USA map or England map page is clicked.
- Name/age stats showing average adult lifespan, average marriage age, most frequent male and female first and middle names. Age stats can be excluded.
- History timelines (USA or Europe) added to compact direct ancestor tree or all-inclusive tree pages.
- Main Index page with links to Surname Indices, Surnames, Frequent Surnames, Photo Page Index, USA Time/Density Map, England Time/Density Map, Canada Time/Density Map, Australia Time/Density Map, Europe Time/Density Map, Name/Age Stats, Tree Root Individuals and Home page and Email.
- Single family group and tree pages for faster downloading and printing convenience.
- "UNREGISTERED" will not appear on GedHTree generated pages.
If you have questions regarding GedHTree, please read (and print a copy for reference if needed) the GedHTree User Guide (readme.htm) which accompanies the download. You can also access the GedHTree User Guide by clicking Start > (All) Programs > GedHTree > User Guide.